Applications are invited from eminent scientists from Indian Nationals having a proven scientific record for the post of director at the National Brain Research Center (NBRC), Haryana.
The National Brain Research Centre is a neuroscience research group, situated in Manesar, Gurgaon district, Haryana, India. It is an Autonomous Government Institute accredited with the deemed university status and is a nodal center under the Department of Biotechnology of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- The Director is expected to provide dynamic leadership in academic, scientific, and administrative matters relating to its various areas of interest in both extramural and intramural activities.
- The applicant must have a holistic vision of neuroscience and be capable of providing leadership in different areas that encompass neuroscience such as computational, cognitive, systems, and molecular neuroscience.
- He/ she shall be the Chief Executive of the Institute and shall be responsible for leading and nurturing the core multi-disciplinary research faculty, developing policies, fostering collaborations with industry, recruitment of appropriate faculty, and management of the extramural activities including supporting research resource units in other Institutes and duties as may be required for the proper administration of the affairs of the Institute.
Scientists from Central/ State Governments, Research Institutes, Autonomous Bodies, Government-funded Research Organisations/ Institutes, etc.: Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent Department, or With 5 years service in the post with Grade Pay of 10,000/- (Level – 14 as per 7th CPC) or equivalent in the parent cadre/ department and possessing the qualification & experience as below:-
- M.D/ Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the biomedical field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in neuroscience.
- Excellent track record, excellent scientific publications, patents, and awards.
The selected incumbent will be placed in the Level-16 (As per 7th CPC)/ [HAG Scale 75,000/- + 5,000/- (Special Pay) as per 6th CPC]. Other benefits/ allowances shall be as per rules applicable for appointment on deputation including Short-Term Contract/ Absorption basis.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Complete applications (07 copies) strictly as per the prescribed format with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including a list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Shri Subodh Kumar Ram, Under. Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Room No. 609, Block – 2, C.G.O. Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003, superscribing the cover “Application for the post of Director, National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Manesar”. The last date to apply is May 2, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.