The National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Haryana invites applications from eminent scientists [Indian National, NRI/ OCI/ PIO] having proven scientific record for the post of Director of the institute.
National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), a deemed university for brain research and an autonomous institute under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, has the mandate to be a Centre of Excellence in Brain Research with State-of-art facilities, to evolve the center through a networking approach and generate the highly trained human resource.
The major objectives of NBRC are to undertake basic research to understand brain function in health and disease. In addition to the intramural research activity at the main center, NBRC also promotes networking of the existing research groups in neuroscience in the country.
- The Director is expected to provide dynamic leadership in academic, scientific, and administrative matters relating to its various areas of interest in both extramural and intramural activities.
- The applicant must have a holistic vision of neuroscience and be capable of providing leadership in different areas that encompass neuroscience such as computational, cognitive, systems, and molecular neuroscience.
- He/ she shall be the Chief Executive of the Institute and shall be responsible for leading and nurturing the core multi-disciplinary research faculty, developing policies, fostering collaborations with industry, recruitment of appropriate faculty, and management of the extramural activities including supporting research resource units in other Institutes and duties as may be required for the proper administration of the affairs of the Institute.
Scientists from Central / State Governments, Research Institutes, Autonomous Bodies, Government-funded Research Organisations/ Institutes, etc holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent Department; or With 5 years service in the post with Grade Pay of 10,000/- (Level – 14 as per 7th CPC) ) or equivalent in the parent cadre/ department and possessing the qualification & experience as below:
- M.D./ Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the biomedical field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in neuroscience.
- Excellent track record, hand in publications, patent, and awards.
- Experience in successfully running a large program, centers, and institution.
- Experience in guiding/ conducting research activities in the area of specialization.
The period of Deputation including the period of deputation in other ex-cadre posts held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/ Department should ordinarily not exceed 5 years. The maximum age limit for appointment on deputation (ISTC) should not exceed 58 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
The selected incumbent will be placed in the Level-16 (As per 7th CPC)/ [HAG Scale 75,000/- + 5,000/- (Special Pay) as per 6th CPC]. Other benefits/ allowances shall be as per rules applicable for appointment on deputation including a Short-Term Contract/ Absorption basis.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Complete applications (05 copies) strictly as per the prescribed format with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including a list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Shri J.P. Meena, Deputy. Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Room No. 508, Block – 3, C.G.O. Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi–110 003, superscribing the cover “Application for the post of Director, National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Manesar.” The soft copy of the application may also be sent by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The last date to apply is November 2, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.