Online applications are invited from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the vacant seats likely to be available in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) during the academic year 2020-21. Admission will be made on the basis of the performance of students in Class X Board Examinations by CBSE/ State Education/ other recognized Board.
The following streams are available for study:
- Science with Mathematics
- Science without Mathematics
- Commerce with Mathematics
- Commerce without Mathematics
- Humanities/ Vocational Stream
- Date of Birth of the candidate is to be between 1st June 2002 to 31st May 2006 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- The candidate must have passed Class X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education/ other recognized Board) of the State where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located during the academic session 2019-20.
Admission of students will be made against available vacancies in Class-XI on the basis of marks secured by students in the Class-X Board Exam during academic sessions 2019-20.
Criteria for Admission
Selection of students will be done as per the following steps:
- District wise merit list will be prepared and students will be selected against the vacancies.
- After selecting students against the vacancies in the JNV of the district, a common merit list will be prepared at the State level.
Note: Additional weightage will be given for NCC, Scout & Guides, and Sports and Games.
How to Apply?
Interested students can apply online by clicking here.
Students need to upload the following documents while applying:
- Candidates Latest photograph(Size: 10-100 KB)
- Signature of the Candidate(Size: 10-100 KB)
- Signature of the Parent(Size: 10-100 KB)
- Class Xth mark-sheet (2019-20)(Size: 10-100 KB)
The last date to apply is August 31, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Class XI Admissions