The National Tribal Fellowship scheme provides financial assistance to ST students for pursuing higher studies courses of M.Phil and Ph.D in India.
The total number of fresh fellowships each year is 750.
1. The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship. The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil / Ph.D Courses in Indian Universities / Institutions / Colleges as indicated below:
- Universities/lnstitutions/Colleges included under section 2 (f) / 12(B) or 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government
- lnstitutes of National lmportance.
2. The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled for any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government the same study
3. The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
How to apply
Last date to submit application for the current academic year is 30.09.2020.
For the official notification, click the link below.