The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE 2018) for students in Class X is meant to identify and nurture talent. The examination is conducted every year at 2 Stages.
About one thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows.
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250 per month for Class XI and XII.
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000 per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
All students of Class X studying in recognised schools are eligible to appear for the Stage 1 examination conducted by the States/UTs where the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
Students registered under the Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship, provided the student is below the age of 18 years, the student is not employed and s/he is appearing in Class X examination for the first time.
Pattern of Exam
Stage I and II: Examination at the State/UT level will comprise of two papers.
|Paper||Test||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Duration (in minutes)|
|Paper- I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120|
|Paper- II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120|
How to apply
Application forms will be available at the State/UT liaison officer.
The completed application form should be signed by the principal of the school before the deadline.
Different states have different last date for submissions.
Important Dates for NTSE 2018-19
- Last date for submission of form: To be notified by individual states/UTs.
- Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands: November 3, 2018
- Examination in all other states and UTs except West Bengal: November 4, 2018
- Examination in West Bengal: November 18, 2018
- Examination in all states and UTs: May 12, 2019.
For NTS National Level Examination Inquiry:
Phone No : 011-26560464 (Timings 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM only)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For State Level NTS Examination Enquiry : Contact the Liaison Officer of your State
The details of the Liaison officers of each state/UT is given here.
For official notification, click here.