National Students’ Parliament 2019 by Kerala Legislative Assembly [Feb 23-25]: Registrations Open
As part of the ‘Festival on Democracy’ by Kerala Legislative Assembly, the Government of Kerala is organizing National Students’ Parliament 2019 from Feb 23 to Feb 25.
About the conference:
The National Students’ Parliament, Kerala – 2019 aims to inculcate in youth a love for democratic values and the democratic way of life, and to instill a craving for democracy as a system, thought and vision.
The focal points of discussion will cover faith and affinity towards politics and parliamentary democracy, a plurality of thought, the essence and spirit of the Constitution, the need for ethics in public life, the vision of sustainable development and the emergence of an enlightened new world, through information gateways.
This will be a mega-three day event with the participation of about 2000 students from various Universities within India. The National Students’ Parliament is proposed to be held from 23rd to 25th February 2019.
Who can participate?
- Students of various Universities of India aged between 18 and 30 years.
- Students from Universities in Kerala and across India.
- To spread and strengthen democratic values and the democratic way of life in all parts of the world through engagement with the youth.
- To support and strengthen civic learning for all children and encourage civic engagement by young people.
- Increase the participation of youth in decision-making processes at all levels in society and governance.
- Promote the development of youth as global citizens by providing a platform for youth from all parts of the world to share their experiences, aspirations and best ways of dealing with their problems.
- Take the ideas and resolutions of the youth from the Student Parliament venue to state, national and international level governing bodies for action on them.
- Utilize the path-breaking and innovative ideas and practices of youth for world peace and sustainable and equitable development.
Kerala Legislative Assembly Complex and Nishagandhi Auditorium.
- Selected Students get an opportunity to address the delegates.
- Delegates get an opportunity to interact with persons from various walks of life.
- Youth to Youth Connect programme.
- Selected students get an opportunity to showcase their talents.
- Cultural programmes on all days.
Informal gatherings of groups of students to discuss and interact on a variety of topics – ‘Rings of Fire’.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, click here.
About the Author