The National Startup Awards 2021 seek to recognize and reward outstanding startups and ecosystem enablers that are contributing to economic dynamism by spurring innovation and injecting competition.
Startups that are building innovative products/solutions, scalable enterprises, with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation, demonstrating measurable social impact. The measure of success will not only be the financial gains for the investors but also the contribution to the social good.
The Eligibility Criteria for Startups is as follows:
- The entity should be a DPIIT-recognized startup. The entity must submit their certificate of incorporation or partnership deed
- The entity must have hardware or software product or a process solution that is present in the market
- The entity must have all applicable trade trade-specific registrations (example: CE, FSSAI, MSME, GST Registration, etc.)
- There should not have been any default in the last three years (FY17-18, 18-19, 19-20) by the entity or any of its promoters or any of their group entities
- The entity must submit Audited Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account) for the last three financial years (FY 2017-18, 18-19, 19-20). In case of unavailability of audited financial statements for FY 2019-20, entity may submit provisional financial statement for FY 2019-20 issued by a chartered accountant.
- Drinking Water
- Animal Husbandry
- Education & Skill Development
- Enterprise Systems
- Food Processing
- Health & Wellness
- Industry 4.0
The following rules will be followed:
- Participation in the National Startup Awards is voluntary
- Startups/Incubators/Accelerators who have won in their respective category in National Startup Awards 2020 will not be eligible to apply for National Startup Awards 2021
- One startup can nominate itself in maximum of two categories
- Award application form is to be filled in English only
- Finalists maybe subject to a legal due diligence review by independent third-party evaluators. If the individual/organization refuses to such a request, DPIIT holds the right to select the next highest scoring Nominee as the Award winner
- By participating in the National Startup Awards, the startups, nominator, ecosystem enablers agree to the Government of India’s and its partners use of its name, URL, photos and videos for promotional purposes on its website and other promotional material
- Any false information provided within the context of National Startup Awards by any entity concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right, or non-compliance with these rules or any terms and conditions or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entity from the Awards process
- The decisions of the Jury and the implementation committee shall be final and binding. At the discretion of the jury, awards may not be presented in any Sector or Sub sector, if a deserving entity is not found
- All Support Agency(s), Jury, shall sign (physically or digitally), a non- disclosure agreement with DPIIT
- DPIIT reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the National Startup Awards or not award any entity in any sector or sub-sector. DPIIT further reserves the right to disqualify any candidate/entity that tampers with the submission process, commits fraud or is in violation of criminal and/or civil laws
- DPIIT reserves the right to seek additional details and share necessary information with other stakeholders
- Allowances shall not be paid to any entity for travel or presentation before Jury.
- A cash prize of INR 5 lakh shall be awarded to one winning Startup in each of the subsectors
- The Winners and Runners up shall be given priority for participation in various National and International Startup events sponsored by DPIIT.