Andhra University was founded in 1926, making it one of the oldest universities in India. It is located in the port city of Visakhapatnam, in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Development in India’, Sage Publications in 2017. The study has identified more issues for academic discussion than attempted to resolve, seems to be relevant now to organize a national seminar on the above topic to Justify the need for a diversified approach to study and understand India’s unique problems and offer solutions to overcome some of the overlooked issues under planning mechanism.
Ease of Living Index is emerging as a new dimension of academic agenda that can be discussed within the frontiers of the Social Economy. Andhra Pradesh after bifurcation of the state is witnessing social turmoil and unrest might have entangled in contextual factors that need to be studied as a case study under this approach.
Objectives of the Seminar
- To understand the need for Ease of Living in the context of Social Economy of India.
- To bring scholars, teachers and activists across the table to identify contemporary socio-economic problems and find solutions.
- To collectively think and reflect on the challenging issues of caste, religion, culture.
- To discuss the linkages between economy, political process and social tensions in the recent period.
- The concept of Social Economy and Its Relevance to India.
- Ease of Living Index and the factors that comprise it.
- Social Economy of Weaker Sections.
- Caste-Class Narratives – Marx, Gandhi, Ambedkar, Lohia Contributions.
- Role of Religion in Social Institutions and Culture.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from scholars on the themes identified and experts in the relevant areas
are identified as Resource personsPapers not exceeding 15 pages along with an abstract of not more than 500 words to be submitted in the form of soft copy to the e-mail id: email@example.com.
Last date for receipt of abstract: September 20
Full-length paper: September 30
Prof. D. Pulla Rao
Department of Economics, Andhra University
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh