About the Internship
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) will provide National Renewable Energy Internship (NREI) opportunity to facilitate students pursuing undergraduate/graduate/post-graduate degrees or research scholars enrolled in recognized institutes/universities within India or abroad, as “Interns”. The students of various engineering, science, management, law and other streams may undertake an internship in the ministry and in organisations under its aegis to understand various activities of the ministry to become Researchers/ Managers in the renewable energy space.
These interns will be attached with the senior level officers of the Ministry in various Programme Divisions. These interns can work for a period of two months to six months.
The scheme also provides an opportunity to personnel engaged in projects related to policy research promotion/demonstration and deployment of renewable energy in national and international research/institutes and financial institutions to work as Interns in the Ministry /its organisations.
The internship will be on an unpaid basis. No stipend will be provided to interns.
No. of Interns
- Maximum 40 no .of interns will be provided internship per year, with not more than 20 interns being in position at any point of time.
- The heads of each division can take maximum 3 (Three) inters for internship in a year.
- This may be relaxed with the permission of Secretary, MNRE.
- No intern would be allowed to repeat or extend the internship, except on account of absence due to medical reasons.
Objective of NREI Scheme
To engage persons pursuing Graduate / Postgraduate course of Engineering Management/ Law/Science stream (Physics/ Chemistry/Renewable energy/ Energy/ Biotechnology / Biological Science / Environmental Science, etc) in recognized University/institution within India or abroad, as “Interns” with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for mutual benefit.
The “Interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the Ministry’s functioning, programmes and policy, issues in Renewable Energy and contribute to generate inputs such as analysis, technical reports/technology advancement project reports/policy papers, etc. for the furtherance of the objectives of this Ministry.
- The applicant should be pursuing graduate or postgraduate degree course in Engineering Management/ Law/ Science stream (Physics/ Chemistry/ Renewable energy/ Energy/ Biotechnology/ Biological Science/ Environmental Science, etc.) in recognized University/institution within India or abroad.
- The persons working in the RE area in National, International, Non-Governmental Institutes/organisations.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Scientist “D”: Dr Vasanta V. Thakur
Phone: 011- 24360331
Email: vasanta.thakur[at]nic.in, saji.ka[at]nic.in