The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application
- NPDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- Mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India.Should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering.
- A mentor shall not have more than two SERB NPDF fellows at any given time.
The fellowship is purely a temporary assignment, and is tenable for a period of 2 years.
The fellows will be entitled to receive the grants as given below:
- Fellowship: Rs. 55,000 per month
- Research Grant: Rs. 2,00,000 per annum
- Overheads: Rs. 1,00,000 per annum
- Applicants should first register into the online website.
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- For details one may visit here.
Last Date for Application: May 30
For any queries, contact
Ms. Charu Rawat