The Science and Engineering Research Board, India invites applications from eligible candidates for the National Post Doctoral Fellowship.
The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have obtained a Ph.D./M.D./M.S. degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their Ph.D./M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting the award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered a lower fellowship amount until they qualify for the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application, age will be calculated by taking the date of closure of the respective call. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
- The NPDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- The mentor must hold a regular academic / research position in a recognized institution in India. The candidate should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering.
- A mentor shall not have more than two SERB NPDF fellows at any given time.
- Rs. 55,000/- per month (consolidated); Rs. 35,000/ p.m for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not yet awarded.
- Research Grant: Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum
- Overheads: Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
How to Apply?
- The application form along with a research proposal highlighting the objectives of the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online.
- The applicant must identify a suitable Mentor under whom the proposed research would be carried out.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the SERB. If required, the applicants may be called for a personal interview.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply is May 31, 2020.