National Parliamentary Fellowships 2018 @ Australia [Scholarship Rs. 41K/Month, Airfare & Accommodation]: Apply by June 27
About the National Parliamentary Fellowship 2018
The Australian National University (ANU) in association with PRS Legislative Research, New Delhi, is offering an exciting opportunity for postgraduate students or recent postgraduates from premier Indian universities with a strong interest in Australia and Australia-India relations.
The National Parliamentary Fellowships Program (NPFP) will select up to two fellows for a three months foreign policy focused research stay in Canberra, Australia, to commence in September, 2018.
The NPFP aims to identify and foster the development of a new generation of leaders, promoting investment in Australia-India relations through the networks which fellowship holders create. For a period of up to three months, from September to November, 2018, fellows will be required to prepare a policy paper for the consideration of a parliamentarian and will have the opportunity to attend public policy hearings and briefing
Fellows will also be affiliated with a research mentor at the Australian National University pertinent to their primary policy research interest, and will attend relevant events offered through ANU and other leading research institutes and think tanks in Canberra.
To be eligible to apply for the program, you must
- Be an Indian citizen;
- Be a recent post-graduate of, or be enrolled in a postgraduate program (Master level or equivalent) and in excellent academic standing (first class, preferably with distinction) by the time of the fellowship;
- Be under the age of 35 at the time of the fellowship;
- Have a strong interest and demonstrated previous research or professional experience in international relations, particularly vis-à-vis Australia, or in Australia’s economic policy or security affairs;
- Hold an Indian passport that has at least six months validity when the fellowship commences
- Be fluent in English; NPFP adheres to the ANU English language admission requirements as given here.
Selection for NPFP is highly competitive. To apply for the fellowship, candidates are required to submit a completed application form to be submitted along with a most recent resume, and most current academic transcript
Selection will be based upon the following criteria:
- Academic history and performance
- Relevance and importance of proposed research topic
- Previous academic or professional experience in India-Australia relations
- Background in international relations or policy study
- Personal motivation; involvement in university and community activities
Applications must be received by 5 pm Indian Standard Time, on June 27, 2018
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Attend pre-departure briefings and a reception at the Australian High Commission in New Delhi
- Participate in regular meetings with the research mentor at ANU
- Attend Indian High Commission functions in Canberra
- Submit a formal report on their experience to the ANU and PRS within one month of returning from Australia
- Present research findings to other fellows in a public event at ANU during the last week of the assignment in Canberra, and
- Submit a 3,000 word research paper on an agreed upon research topic by 30 November, 2018
The fellowship will cover the cost of an economy round trip airfare between India and Australia, and private accommodation in Canberra, and a monthly scholarship of AUD 800. All other costs, such as visa fee and overseas travel health insurance will be covered by the fellow.
If you face difficulties filling out the online application form, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For official notification, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)