The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, invites online applications for the National Overseas Scholarship for ST Students for the selection year 2022-23.
About National Overseas Scholarship for the ST Students
This is a Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and every year 20 fresh ST students are given scholarships for pursuing Master Degree, Ph.D, Post-Doctoral courses abroad. The applications are invited online on National Overseas Portal.
- Objective: The scheme provides financial assistance to selected ST students for pursuing higher studies i.e Master Degree, Ph D and Post-Doctoral research programme abroad.
- Slots: There are 20 slots/awards available for National Overseas Scholarship for each year, out of which 6 slots/awards are available for girls.
- For Post-Doctoral: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree and Ph.D. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
- PhD: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
- For Master’s Degree: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor’s Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
The age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years as on 1st July, 2020.
The total family income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6,00,000/- (excluding such allowances as are not treated as part of total income for the purpose of Income Tax) as certified by the employer.
Duration of Award
The prescribed financial assistance is provided up to completion of the course/research or the following period, whichever is earlier:
|Post-Doctoral Research||1 & 1/2 years (One and a half year)|
|Master’s Degree||1/2/3 years (One/Two/Three years) depending upon the duration of the Course.|
The candidate is shortlisted by the Screening Committee and the merit list is prepared on the basis of the assessment of individual students at interview by the Selection Committee. The selected candidates will take admission within the two years after getting the award letter.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
July 30, 2022
For Admin/ Scholarship Related Queries
- Contact Person: Sh. Manoj Kumar Singh (Deputy Secretary-Scholarship Section)
- Phone: 011-23340270
- Address: Gate No:-3, Ground Floor, Jeevan Tara Building, Ashoka Road, Patel Chowk, New Delhi -110001