NCERT is organizing National Online Yoga Quiz Competition 2021 (Yoga for Life) for Class 6-12 & Teachers from 21 June to 20 July.
About the Quiz
The online ‘Yoga For Life’ Quiz competition is being organised by NCERT during the pandemic to celebrate International Day of Yoga and to encourage students to participate and create an overall positive environment. The quiz items are designed to make children aware about the importance of yoga in maintaining, heath,wellness and harmony.
Yoga is one of the most powerful drugless system and an effective preventive measure in dealing with all kinds of physical and mental ailments. By participating in the quiz, the students will learn to appreciate that Yoga is an integral part of our cultural heritage and was practiced by our ancient seers and saints for physical fitness, mental alertness and emotional balance.
The different asanas and posturesin yoga show a close bonding with our environment and our rich biodiversity. Performing and practicing yoga wouldinstil an urge amongst all, to lead a healthy lifestyle with joy and fun as hallmarks.
The ‘Yoga For Life’ Quiz competition is designed to instil among the students awareness and understanding of Yoga, its importance in strengthening human values and in helping all, in maintaining cheerful and healthy disposition.
The objectives are to:
- create awareness regarding yogic practices and motivate children
- collect additional materials on yoga
- develop understanding about the advantages of various asana and as preventive measure in addressing various physical and mental ailments
- motivate students to practice asana on regular basis for overall health and wellness
- Instil human values
The quiz is meant for children from classes 6 to 12 of all types of school and managements: Government Schools, Government Aided, CBSE affiliated Schools, KVS,NVS,CISCE,DMS of RIEs, Private schools affiliated to other Boards. However, for popularization of International Yoga day, all others including parents and teachers can also participate in this quiz.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
The quiz will be open for one month starting on 21st June 2021 and will close on 20th July 2021.
- Each question in the quiz will be in the multiple-choice format with only one correct answer.
- Students are required to attempt 20 questions in 10 minutes.
- The quiz questions are prepared in both Hindi and English.
- You are allowed to attempt the quiz only once and only one option will be accepted for a question.
- After responding to a question, click on the “Next Question”, button to go to the next questionNo negative mark is there.After attempting questions, final submission should be clicked.
- No change can be made after final submission.Participants have to register on MyGov portal to take part in the quiz.
- Please provide your details with information like your full name, email id, mobile number, date of birth and gender.
- The decision of NCERT will be final in all matters related to this Quiz.
The top 100 children from classes VI-VIII and 100 children from classes IX-XII will get merit certificate.
Click here to view the official notification for National Online Yoga Quiz Competition 2021 (Yoga for Life) for Class 6-12 & Teachers by NCERT.
You may also be interested in:
- Be With Yoga, Be At Home Video Contest 2021 by Ministry of AYUSH (Govt of India): Apply by June 30
- International Day of Yoga 2021 Jingle Contest by Govt of India [Prize of Rs. 25k]: Submit by June 21