The Society for Quiz, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a National Online Article Writing Competition on the occasion of the 73rd Republic Day of India.
About Panjab University
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
About the Competition
UILS this year is celebrating the 73rd Republic Day of India by organizing an article writing competition. Come and participate in the competition.
- Constitution as a Living Document
- Constitutional Morality- An Important Concept or Just a New Buzzword?
- Transformative Constitutionalism and Role of Judiciary
- Constitutional Role of Citizens in Upholding Sovereignty, Integrity and Unity of India
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- The competition is also open to the school students (8-12 classes).
- No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
- An ID Proof (Aadhar Card, License, Voter Card, University/School Card, etc.) should be attached in the G- Form.
- There is No Registration Fee for the Competition.
- The article must be written in English and submitted in Microsoft Word document format (.doc/.docx).
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/team. Submissions, both as co-author and single, will be treated as multiple submissions and will be disqualified as an entry to the competition.
- The following formatting specifications need to be strictly adhered to:
- Main Body: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, and Line Spacing – 1.5;
- Footnotes: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 10, and Line Spacing – 1.0 and footnotes must follow the Bluebook system of citation (Harvard, 20th edition).
- Margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The word limit is 1500- 2000 words excluding footnotes.
- The article must contain an abstract, not exceeding 250 words (which would not be counted in the word limit for the article). It must indicate the theme/topic.
- The article must be accompanied by a cover letter containing the following information about the participant:
- full name of the participant;
- theme/topic chosen;
- participant’s current year of study and name of the degree pursued;
- name and full address of the participant’s university;
- name and full postal address of the participant;
- phone number of the participant and email ID of the participant.
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 750+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The Top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Commendation (E- Certificate).
- All the participants of the article writing competition will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Jan 30, 2022
Kindly mail your queries at email@example.com
In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
- Vaibhav Goyal (President): 9781520216
- Rabia Mittal (Secretary): 9780212040
- Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): 7858820006