As the Central Bank of the Country, RBI (Reserve Bank of India) is committed to spreading awareness financial matters regarding and promotion of better understanding of monetary and economic issues. Towards this, it has launched a National Level Competition titled as “The RBI Policy Challenges 2020”.
Targeted at students pursuing their Graduation/ Post-graduation/ Colleges/ Universities / Institutes of Excellence in the country.
The three-tier competition tested- essay writing, problem-solving and presentation skills of the participant
- Regional Round: This would involve writing an essay on a given topic by students in groups of 3-4 guided by a faculty adviser.
- Zonal Round (At Chennai on 14 Feb): Each team would be invited to make a presentation before a panel comprising external experts as also field a few questions posed by the panelists. The winning will then move forward for the National round.
- National Round (At Mumbai in March/ April 2020): A monetary policy-related topic would be assigned to all teams in the forenoon and they would be required to make a 15 minutes presentation in the afternoon before an eminent panel. Each team would also be fielding questions during Q&A session.
- The winner will get a trophy, cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh and even the winners will get an opportunity to intern with RBI for 3 months in a department of their choice.
- The second-placed team will get cash prize of Rs. 50,000 and a trophy, while the other 2 National finalists will get Rs. 25000 cash prize each.
- The zonal and regional winners will get Rs 15000 and Rs. 10000 respectively.
The last date for receiving the essays is 13 Dec 2019.
Shri C Madan Mohan (Asst Manager)
Shri Gajanan R Polawar