About the Organiser
Birla Global University is a private university in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. It was founded by Basant Kumar Birla and Sarla Birla. It was established in August 2013 as Birla Institute of Management Technology Bhubaneswar, a private business school by Birla Academy of Art and Culture.
About the Competition
The National Legal Essay Competition is organised by Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar. The theme of the competition is Emerging Challenges relating to Human Rights in India. Also, Participants are free to choose any sub-theme or Topic which address the above theme.
All undergraduate and postgraduate students from recognized Colleges/ Universities are eligible for the event.
- First Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 9,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 6,000/-
The authors of the top 10 essays will be awarded the Certificate of Merit and others will be awarded the Certificate of Participation. Further, the top 5 essays will be published in the upcoming issue of BSOL Human Rights Law Journal.
- The essay should not exceed 3000 words, exclusive of footnotes.
- Only soft copy submission of the essay is required in doc./docx format
- Sources should be adequately acknowledged. There is no prescribed citation standard but citations must be uniform.
- The essay must be written in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5. All footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Single Line Spacing
How to Register?
The submissions should be mailed to (bsol.event[at]bgu.ac.in) before 20th October, 2019
- Single author: Rs. 300/-
- Two authors: Rs. 500/-
- Three authors: Rs. 600/-
- Name of the Account Holder – Birla Global University
- Name of the Bank -UCO Bank
- Account No.- 31090110011430
- IFSC CODE- UCBA0003109
Oct 20, 2019
Co-ordinators: Mr Punyashlok Dash, Miss Ashna Siddiqui
Phone: +91- 7978670989, +91- 9778992522
Email: punyashlok.dash[at]bgu.ac.in, ashna.siddiqui[at]bgu.ac.in