University Grants Commission (UGC) on behalf of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment invites applications from eligible candidates for National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities (NFPwD) for the selection year 2020-21.
About the Scheme
Under this scheme, the fellowship will be available to students with disabilities who are covered under ‘The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995. Thus a person with a disability, who wishes to avail the benefits under the Act has to obtain a disability certificate from the medical authority notified for the purpose.
There are 200 slots with the provision of reservation of 15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes. The selection will be made purely on merit based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in their Post Graduation (PG) examination, after verification of applications, from amongst the candidates whose applications are received through online mode on the designated portal of UGC.
After the selections process, UGC will issue a list containing names of provisionally selected candidates. They will be allowed to join the fellowship only after verification of facts/information furnished by them in their online applications. The candidates who join the fellowship shall not be entitled for any other monetary benefit from Central or State Government or other bodies like UGC for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D.
The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of 05 years. It commences from 01.04.2020 or actual date of admission/registration of candidate for M.Phil./Ph.D., whichever is later.
- M.Phil.: 2 years or submission of dissertation whichever is earlier
- M.Phil.+ PhD: 5 years from the commencement of Fellowship or till submission of PhD thesis, whichever is earlier
- PhD: 5 years or till submission of PhD thesis, whichever is earlier
Amount of Fellowship
The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF, under the scheme, is as under:-
- Rs.31,000/-p.m. initial two year as JRF.
- Rs.35,000/-p.m. for remaining tenure as SRF
- Contingency (Humanities & Social Sciences including Arts/Fine Arts):
- Rs.10,000/-p.a. for initial two year (JRF)
- Rs.20,500/-p.a. for remaining tenure(SRF)
- Contingency (Science, Engineering & Technology):
- Rs.12,000/-p.a. initial two year (JRF)
- Rs.25,000/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)
- Escorts/Reader assistance: Rs.2,000/- p.m. in case of candidates with physical and visual disabilities.
- HRA: As per Govt. of India norms.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
Jan 17, 2021
For more details, click the link below.