Entries are invited for the National Essay Writing Competition for School Students organised by Press Club of India & LFT.
About the Competition
Press Club of India and Leaders For Tomorrow Foundation, along with Voice Of Kids, have launched India’s largest Essay Writing competition for high school students on the theme of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The primary aim of this competition is to inculcate the habit of reading and writing among school children and youth. The competition aims to give high school students (from classes 8 to 12) an opportunity to voice their ideas and to help work on the social issues that they come across in their day-to-day lives. The winners will be selected on the basis of the understanding of the problem, selection of topic, feasibility of the idea suggested and writing skills.
Topics of Competition
Participants can write the essay on any major development issue faced by India with respect to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The essay should identify a problem and explore potential solutions.
- Covid-19 Pandemic has drastically changed the traditional model of education. Suggest possible ways we can achieve the sustainable development goal of quality education for all, whilst taking into account the changes that the pandemic has brought about.
- Achieving the SDG of Gender Equality is vital for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. Critically analyse the role of the school and family in achieving gender equality.
- 77% of the waste in India is disposed of in open dumps, 18% is composted and only around 5% is recycled. Discuss this issue in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals of Climate Action and Responsible Consumption and Production.
- Students of classes 8 -12 from any school across the country
- Entry fee of Rs. 100/- to be paid along with the online submission of the essay
Prizes and Awards
- National Level Prizes:
- 1st Prize – Rs. 20,000 + Gold Medal + Certificate + 100% scholarship for an online language course for children and young people offered by Goethe-Institut India
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 15,000 + Silver medal + Certificate + 100% scholarship for an online language course for children and young people offered by Goethe-Institut India
- 3rd Prize – Rs. 10,000 + Bronze Medal + Certificate + 100% scholarship for an online language course for children and young people offered by Goethe-Institut India
- Consolation Prizes (2) – Rs. 5,000 + Medal + Certificate + Goethe-Insitut Goodie Bag and Book Voucher
- State Level Prizes:
- 1st Prize – Rs. 2000 + Gold Medal + Certificate + Goethe-Insitut Goodie Bag and Book Voucher
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 1000 + Silver Medal + Certificate
- 3rd Prize – Rs.500 + Bronze Medal + Certificate
- School Level Prizes:
- 1st Prize – Gold Medal + Certificate
- 2nd Prize – Silver Medal + Certificate
- 3rd Prize – Bronze Medal + Certificate
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one entry is permitted per participant.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition.
- The body of the submission must be in the format as specified.
- The essay should be within 500- 1000 words.
Participants are required to pay the entry fee of Rs 100/-.
How to Register?
- Interested participants cab register for the competition through this link.
- After registration, the participant can submit their essay through this link.
- Last date to register: March 15, 2021
- Last date to submit an essay: March 31, 2021
Leaders For Tomorrow Foundation
Phone: +91 6282 687 849
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.