About the competition
The Law Society, Department of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Murshidabad Centre (W.B.)
pleased to announce first edition of National Essay Writing Competition, 2018.
The theme for the essay competition is- “Access to Justice: Need for Reform”
We have left the topic fairly open-ended, and participants can choose a specific issue that falls within the ambit of the theme. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mold it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
The competition is open for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of any stream studying in any of the recognized College/Department of the University in India.
1. Participants are allowed to submit one essay only, multiple or incomplete submissions
will lead to disqualification. Co-authorship is also not permitted.
2. The paper must be accompanied by a covering email providing the participant’s name,
age, address, institutional Identity card and proof of payment of the entry fee.
3. Submission must be the original work of author. Plagiarism would lead to immediate
disqualification. All sources and authorities must be acknowledged through footnotes.
Original views are strongly encouraged than excessive citation of the published
4. Submitted papers must not have been published previously and must not be offered for
publication in any other medium.
5. All submissions must conform to uniform style of citation.
6. Submissions should be neatly typed in size 12, Font Times New Roman, 1.5 line
spacing, Margins 2.54 all sides, double line space and not exceeding 2,000-2,500 words
in English Language, Excluding footnotes
7. Submission should be made with the subject line- AMUCM National Essay Writing
8. All submissions must be made on or before 11:59 PM, 15th April, 2018.
9. Please send your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org
The result of the essay writing competition will be declared by 30th April, 2018.
The first, second and third best entries will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 7,000, Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 3000 respectively along with the certificate of merit. All participants will be issued E-Certificate.
The participation is Rs. 150/- (non-refundable) only payable by Paytm on- 8972070127
For any query, feel free to reach us on email@example.com
or contact the following:-
1. Mohd Imran- (+91-7076681156)
2. Hamza Khan (+91-8972070127)
3. Mohd Ashraf (+91-9616342491)
About the competition