About the Programme
India and the Indian Economy are undergoing a Cultural Shift. The attitudes, mindset, and orientation of the younger generation are slowly but surely shifting from jobs to an enterprise. As an important step to catalyse a cultural shift in youth for entrepreneurship, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has instituted the National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA) to recognise and honour outstanding young first-generation Entrepreneurs and their Ecosystem Builders for their outstanding contribution in entrepreneurship development.
The NEA seeks the participation of Young Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Builders in the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2019, from all across India. It seeks to instil and entrench the entrepreneurial attitude among future generations and the Youth of India.
A total of 45 Awards under NEA 2019 has been carefully considered to enable participation of young achievers below the age of 40 years and their ecosystem builders across sectors, geographies, and socio-economic background through the process of nomination.
- Enterprise Awards: Winners will be identified through a process of self-nomination (or nomination by a nominator), screening, multi-stage evaluation, physical verification and jury selection. Thirty-nine (39) awards will be awarded in this Track. This is to honour the entrepreneurs who have created exemplary enterprises, primarily in the unconventional and untapped spaces.
The three categories in the NEA 2019 are positioned to cater different entrepreneurial models in the country hence the eligibility criteria in ‘Enterprise Award Track’ for the three categories are customized as per the nature and scale of the business.
- Ecosystem Builder Awards: Eligibility criteria of Ecosystem Builder Track for all four awards for institutions/ organisations/ incubators/ mentors/ promoters should have completed a minimum six years of service in their respective field as on April 1st, 2019. They are well established and recognised in their field and entrepreneur’s skill development. The trainees incubatees, mentees and enterprises (hereinafter referred to as candidates) supported by them should have made significant progress in their ventures due to the efforts of such Ecosystem Builders. Such Ecosystem Builders will have to provide references to such candidates.
- For registration visit this page.
- The last date of the registration is 10 September 2019.
- Enterprise Awards: A Trophy, Certificate and Cash Award of ₹ 5 Lakhs to the enterprise.
- Ecosystem Builders: A Trophy, Certificate and Cash Award (Institutions: ₹ 10 Lakhs and Individuals: ₹ 5 Lakhs)