The Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India invites nominations from eligible and motivated candidates for the National Earth System Sciences Awards 2020.
In order to provide due recognition and platform to major scientific contributions made by eminent scientists/ engineers in various fields of Earth System Science and also considering the need to encourage young researchers for coming into the mainstream of Earth System Science, the ESSO has instituted the National Earth System Sciences Awards.
The National Earth System Sciences Awards shall be given on the occasion of Earth Sciences Foundation Day Celebrations i.e. 27th July every year.
Nature of Awards
The Earth System Science Awards shall be given under four categories as stated below:
- Life Time Excellence Award in the sphere of Earth System Sciences (One): The Life Time Excellence Award shall be conferred to an outstanding scientist/ engineer/ technologist/ academician with an exceptionally high lifetime achievement for a sustained and significant contribution in the field of Earth System Sciences.
- National Awards of Excellence (Four): National Awards shall be given for meritorious contribution in the field of (1) Ocean Science, (2) Atmospheric Science & Technology, (3) Geosciences & Technology including Seismology and (4) Ocean Technology/Polar Sciences to scientist/engineer/technologist/academician individually. No age limit.
- Dr. Anna Mani National Award for Woman Scientist (One): Dr. Anna Mani National Award for Woman Scientist shall be given for meritorious contribution of a Woman Scientist in the field of Ocean Sciences, Atmospheric Science & Technology, Geosciences & Technology including Seismology and Ocean Technology/ Polar Sciences. The candidate should be a working scientist working in any Institute/ University/ Organization. No age limit.
- Young Researcher Award (Two): Young Researcher Awards will be given to researchers below 40 years of age as on 31st December of the year of Award to encourage excellence in young minds for outstanding research work in the fields related to Earth System Sciences.
- The Life Time Excellence Award will carry a cash prize of Rs.5, 00,000/-, a citation, and a trophy.
- The National Awards shall carry a cash prize of Rs.1, 00,000/- each, a citation, and trophy.
- Dr. Anna Mani National Award for Woman Scientist shall carry a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000/-, a citation, and a trophy.
- The Young Researcher Award shall carry a cash prize of Rs.50, 000/- each, a citation, and trophy.
Any citizen of India who is a professionally qualified scientist/ engineer/ technologist/ academician with significant contributions in any field of Earth Sciences is eligible.
Call for Nominations
- To download the nomination form, click here.
- Nominations (on the prescribed format) stating significant achievements made by the nominee up to 31st December preceding the year of Award (the date of assessment) must reach the Joint Secretary (Earth Sciences), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Room No.102, First Floor, Prithvi Bhawan, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- The last date to send the nomination is May 15, 2020. (Extended).
- A person on whom Award has already been conferred will not be eligible for an award second time in the same category. He/ she will be considered for higher awards only.
- Self-nomination in any capacity shall not be acceptable and such applications would be considered as invalid.
- The nominations should only be forwarded under the signatures of the designated authorities of the respective sponsoring organizations. Nomination form signed by any other authority will be rejected.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in EPSON International Pano Awards 2020 [Prizes Upto Rs. 30 L]: Apply by July 20.