About the Scholarship:
Scheme for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will be helpful for students/candidates with disabilities studying in classes 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th standard, post-matriculation diploma/certificates and Bachelors Degree or Diploma in India. The disabilities of students/candidates may be Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
General Conditions for both pre-matric and post-matric scholarship schemes:
- The nationality of the student/candidate should be Indian.
- The students having less than 40% disability (Certified by competent medical authority of the state Governments/UTs.) are not eligible.
- Only two disabled children of the same parents will be allowed to receive benefits of this scheme.Also, the twin is also eligible for this scheme.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student/candidate repeats a class, he/she would not get a scholarship for that class for a second (or next) year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend from the Government of India. If he/she takes the benefits of any other scholarship/stipend, the student can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution/college/school about the option made. No scholarship will be given to the students under this scheme from the date he/she accepts another scholarship/stipend. The benefits given to student/candidate are free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses of board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/ State Government will not be eligible for a stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching program.
For further details, please visit the link given here.
About the Author