Papers are invited for the National Conference on Vector-Borne & Zoonotic Diseases: Identification to Management being organized by Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), Kolkata during November 25-26.
About the Conference:
Vectors have great adaptability to survive and evolve under different pressures. The existence of cryptic or sibling species invites more efforts to understand the biology of vectors, behavior, morphology, genetics, and taxonomy.
The technological advancement enables to find new attributes that redefine and fine-tune the vector-borne disease management programmes.
The 12 National Conference on Medical Arthropodology on Vector-borne and Zoonotic Diseases – from taxonomy to management invites all the stakeholders for significant contribution to the knowledge in favor of society and mankind.
- Vectors & Vector-Borne Disease (VBDs) Elimination.
- Identification, classification, and nomenclature of vectors and pathogens.
- Surveillance strategies, tools and techniques.
- Impact of global warming and climate change on VBDs.
- Emerging interactions of the pathogen, vector, and hosts.
- Ecology, behavior, physiology, and development of vectors.
- Vector management: tools and techniques.
Who Should Participate?
Applications are invited from researchers of Zoology/Medical Entomology (Arthropodology)/ Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Social Science from research, academic and industrial institutions for the participation and poster presentation on the aforementioned themes.
- The abstract should be in English, in MS Word file in Times New Roman 12 size font with Author(s) name, affiliation and communicating email.
- In case of more than one author, the presenter’s name should be underlined.
- The text should not exceed 250 words, aside from the title.
- The poster should be self-explanatory and may contain Introduction, Hypothesis, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion sections.
- The poster should be printed on biodegradable material in 3 x 4 feet size with author’s name, affiliation, and communicating email.
- Each Poster must bear an allotted number on left side top corner.
- Presenting author’s name should be underlined.
Fee and Accommodation:
- No registration fee is required for participation in the National Conference.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the participants and they have to make their own arrangements for accommodation at Kolkata.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may submit the duly filled in registration form, along with the
abstract, to the following address/email through proper channel.
The Director, Zoological Survey of India, 553, M-Block,
New Alipore, Kolkata, West Bengal- 700053
- Submission of Abstract by July 31, 2019.
- Intimation of short-listed candidates by email: August 15, 2019.
- Initiation of Registration: August 15-30, 2019.
Phone : 91-33-24008595.