The aim of this conference is to provide a common platform for researchers and young investigators in the field of aquatic diversity, ecology, conservation biology, and socio-economics to share their experiences and knowledge for a collective effort towards building science-based conservation policies and sustaining livelihoods of the future.
Aquatic habitats, both marine, and freshwater, are home to a vast diversity of life forms, provide valuable ecosystem services and are a source of livelihood for millions of Indian households. However, Indian aquatic environments are under stress due to several anthropogenic activities that can lead to severe ecosystem collapse in the near future.
Under the above-mentioned themes, IISER Pune is organizing a National Conference on Aquatic Ecosystems from December 20 to 21, 2019.
Sustainability and conservation of aquatic living resources
Diversity of aquatic organisms
Aquatic ecology and functioning
Maharashtra Gene Bank Program: a model system for aquatic conservation in India
Call for Abstracts
- Abstracts should be in English, in Times New Roman font with line spacing of 1.5 and justified text.
- A title should be concise, should convey important contribution of the work, should be in bold and 16 points font size.
- First and last names of all the authors should be listed and should be separated with a comma and “&” before the last author’s name.
- Email ID of the correspondence author should be provided after the list of affiliations.
- The abstract should be communicated by the corresponding author.
- Since the number of poster presentations is limited, abstracts should be communicated well before the conference registration deadline 15th November 2019.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the internal committee and decisions regarding acceptance will be communicated by email.
- To submit your abstracts and register for the conference, click here.
- Authors of the submitted abstracts for presentation must also make separate registration for the conference by filling in the Registration Form.
Email ID: email@example.com