‘The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition’ is a nationwide competition inviting path breaking, revolutionary and scalable business ideas in the Life Sciences domain spanning:
- Healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT, regenerative medicine
- Agri-biotech including food, nutraceuticals, soil health, plant-based therapeutics
- Animal health
- Industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy.
The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition is organised by BREC – a joint entrepreneurship development centre of BIRAC and C-CAMP.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, biotech companies, and start-ups
- Applicant should be a citizen of India
- If the Applicant is a Company – the company should be registered in India and majority ownership should be Indian
- Idea should have a biotech element/component
- Biotech includes: healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, diagnostics, medical devices, regenerative medicine; agri-biotech including food, nutraceuticals, soil health, plant-based therapeutics; animal health; industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy
- Applications open: August 16, 2017
- Applications close: September 16, 2017
- Boot camp: December 13 – 15, 2017
- Grand finale (pitching and awards): December 16, 2017
Format of the Competition:
- Round 1
‘The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition’ campaign will reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups and established companies across India. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be announced through various media.
Applicants will have to apply online in the prescribed format. A Panel of Experts from industry, academia and investor community will review the proposals and shortlist the top 50 – 75 business ideas.
- Round 2
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a Jury. These will be held in 3 or 4 cities across the country. The Jury will select the Top 20 business ideas in this round.
- Round 3
The Top 20 selected contestants and up to 2 team members will attend a 3-day residential Entrepreneurship Development boot camp at C-CAMP, Bengaluru, which will train them to formulate, develop and commercialize their ideas.
At the end of the boot camp, the contestants will make their Business Plan presentation before a Grand Jury which will select the winners of the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Investment opportunity up to USD $100,000 for the winner(s)
- Grand cash prize of INR 10 lakhs for different category winners
- Business Acceleration
- Access to seed funding
- Confirmed participation in ‘Meet the Investor Series’
To contact the organizers, visit this link.