The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC) 2018 is inviting path breaking revolutionary and scalable business ideas in the life sciences domain spanning:
- Healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT
- Agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, and plant based therapeutics
- Animal health
- Industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, biotech companies, and start-ups
- Applicant should be a citizen of india
- If the applicant is a company, the company should be registered in india and majority ownership should be Indian
- Idea should have a deep science based biotech element/component
- Biotech includes: healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT; agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, plant based therapeutics; animal health; industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
Format of Competition
Round 1: NBEC campaign will reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups, and established companies across India. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be announced through various media. Applicants will have to apply online in the prescribed format. A panel of experts from industry academia and investor community will review the proposals and shortlist the top 100 – 150 business ideas.
Round 2: The shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a Jury. These presentations will be held in 4 or 5 cities across the country. The jury will select the top 20 – 40 business ideas in this round.
Round 3: The selected applicants will attend a residential entrepreneurship development boot camp and intense mentoring sessions over 2 days at C-CAMP, Bengaluru. At the end of the boot camp, the finalists will make their business plan presentation before a Grand Jury, which will select the winners of NBEC.
How to apply
Register and apply online at this page.
- Fill up required profile details.
- Fill up NBEC 2018 form. The link for this form will be available on the top Menu tab AFTER you sign in.
- Applications Open: August 16, 2018
- Applications Close: September 16, 2018
- Round 1 Review Close: October 16, 2018
- Selected applicants for Round 2 notifications: October 17, 2018
- Round 2 Regional Qualifiers: Oct End – Early Nov, 2018
- Selected applicants for Round 2 notifications: Early November, 2018
- Boot camp and mentoring sessions: December 13, 2018
- Grand Finale – Pitching and Awards: December 15, 2018
- Total investment opportunity up to USD $200,000 for the winners
- Cash prizes totaling INR 38 lakh in various categories
- Winners eligible for AWS Activate programme worth USD $25,000 Activate Credits
- Mentorship by industry experts and investors
- Visibility and recognition to catapult winners on the national platform
For any queries, write to email@example.com.