Registration are invited for National Awards to Teachers 2021 by the Ministry of Education. The last date of registration is 30 June.
About National Awards to Teachers
The purpose of National Awards to Teachers is to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers in the country and to honor those teachers who through their commitment and industry have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students.
- School teachers and Heads of Schools working in recognized primary/ middle/ high / higher secondary schools under the following categories:
- Schools run by State Govt./UTs Administration, schools run by local bodies, schools aided by State Govt. and UT Administration.
- Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Sainik Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MoD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES) and Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) run by Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) (other than those at (a) and (b) above)
- Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examination (CISCE) (Other than those at (a), (b) and (c) above)
- Normally retired teachers are not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. upto 30th April in the year to which National Awards relate) may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions.
- Educational Administrators, Inspectors of Education, and the staff of training Institutes are not eligible for these awards.
- Teacher / Headmaster should not have indulged in tuitions.
- Only regular Teachers and Heads of Schools will be eligible.
- Contractual Teachers and Shiksha Mitras will not be eligible.
- 1st June to 30th June 2021: Opening of web-portal for inviting online applications and self nomination by teachers
- 01st July 2021 to 15th July 2021: District Selection Committee nominations to be forwarded to the State Selection Committee through online portal
- 16 July 2021 to 30 July 2021: State Selection Committee/ Organization Selection Committee shortlist to be forwarded to Independent National Jury
- 2 August 2021: Intimation to be issued by MoE to all the shortlisted candidates to make presentations before the National Jury (either in physical mode at NCERT like normal years or through online like in 2020 depending on Covid situation) (maximum 154 candidates as per extent guidelines)
- 5 Aug to 16 August 2021: Selection process by Jury
- 16 August 2021: Finalization of names by Independent National Jury
- 18 August 2021: Intimation to selected candidates after approval of Hon’ble Shiksha Mantri
- 4 & 5 September 2021: Rehearsal and Award function
Teachers will be evaluated based on the evaluation matrix given at Annexure-I. Evaluation matrix contains two types of criteria for evaluation:
- Under this the teachers will be awarded marks against each of the objective criteria. These criteria are given the weightage of 20 out of 100.
- Under this, teachers will be awarded marks on criteria based on performance e.g. initiatives to improve learning outcomes, innovative experiments undertaken, organization of extra and co-curricular activities, use of Teaching Learning Material, social mobility, ensuring experiential learning, unique ways to ensure physical education to students etc. These criteria are given the weightage of 80 out of 100.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Click here to view the official notification of National Awards to Teachers 2021 by the Ministry of Education.
You may also be interested in:
- Scroll of Honour Awards 2021 by UN-Habitat: Submit by August 8
- Call for Nominations: UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development 2021-22 [Prizes Upto Rs. 22 Cr]: Apply by Oct 31