The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India invites nominations from bright and ambitious teachers across the country for the National Awards to Teachers 2020.
The purpose of National Awards to Teachers is to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers in the country and to honor those teachers who through their commitment and industry have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students.
School teachers and Heads of Schools working in recognized primary/middle/high/higher secondary schools under the following categories:
- Schools run by State Govt./ UTs Administration, schools run by local bodies, schools aided by State Govt. and UT Administration.
- Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Sainik Schools run by the Ministry of Defence (MoD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES) and Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) run by Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Schools affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) (other than those above).
- Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examination (CISCE) (Other than those above).
- Only regular Teachers and Heads of Schools will be eligible.
- Teacher/ Headmaster should not have indulged in tuitions.
Normally retired teachers are not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. up to 30th April in the year to which National Awards relate) may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions.
Educational Administrators, Inspectors of Education, and the staff of training Institutes are not eligible for these awards.
Teachers will be evaluated based on the evaluation matrix given at Annexure-I. Evaluation matrix contains two types of criteria for evaluation:
- Objective criteria: Under this, the teachers will be awarded marks against each of the objective criteria. These criteria are given the weightage of 20 out of 100.
- Criteria based on performance: Under this, teachers will be awarded marks on criteria based on performance e.g. initiatives to improve learning outcomes, innovative experiments undertaken, organization of extra and co-curricular activities, use of Teaching Learning Material, social mobility, ensuring experiential learning, unique ways to ensure physical education to students, etc. These criteria are given the weightage of 80 out of 100.
To register for the awards, click here.
The last date to register is July 6, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.