Nominations are invited for the National Awards for e-Governance 2020-21 by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances, Government of India.
National Awards for e-Governance are presented every year to recognize and promote excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives.
Purpose of Award
The purpose of the award is to:-
- Recognize achievements in the area of e-Governance
- Disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives
- Encourage innovations in successful e-Governance solutions
- Promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
- To award leapfrogging states/Districts.
Scope of Award
- For the year 2020-21, the scope of the National Awards for e-Governance has been expanded to identify areas of significant outcome-oriented/leapfrog performance by few Districts / States in certain identified programs. The Awards seeks to recognize the best performing Central Government Ministries/Departments, State/UT Governments/Districts and local bodies, Central and State Government PSUs, Academic/Research Institutions (Government and Non-Government) in facilitating implementation of new initiatives and bringing transparency by use of technology.
- The Awards will be presented for the best achievement in implementation of eGovernance innovation and those performers who have taken efforts to fast track the implementation of an initiative/ technology/project or program to take a leap against the best performer in the area and not the best performer.
For the year 2020-21, DARPG is inviting nominations for the NAeG in the following 6 categories:
- Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation
- Universalizing Access including e-Services
- Excellence in District level initiative in e-Governance
- Outstanding research on Citizen Centric Services by Academic/Research Institutions
- Excellence in adopting emerging technologies
- Use of ICT in the Management of COVID 19
Criteria for Evaluation
The initiative will be evaluated on the following criteria :
- Initiating and implementing an innovative project to meet stakeholders’ requirement through use of ICT
- Use of technology in bringing perceptible improvement in processes/ systems
- Making public delivery systems responsive, transparent and efficient particularly by leveraging technology
- Bringing significant improvement/enhancement by use of technology
- Innovations / intervention of technology / integration to take leap forward against the best performing District/State in particular field/ project/program or area. The criteria for the evaluation will be designed during the assessment process.
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can submit nominations through this link.
Feb 26, 2021
For more details, click the link below.