Nominations are invited to recognize the contribution of institutions & individuals who have worked for women’s development through the application of Science and Technology (S&T).
- Category I: For individuals
The award would carry cash of ₹5.00 lakh (Five Lakh) along with a memento and a citation
- Category II: For institutions
The award would carry cash of ₹15.00 lakh (Fifteen Lakh) along with a memento and a citation
- A new category, of awards has been introduced this year:
Nominations are invited to recognize the contributions of a young woman who has shown excellence through application of Technology, for societal benefits.
- Category III: National Award for Young Woman showing excellence through the application of Technology, for societal benefits
The Award would carry cash of ₹ 1.00 Lakh(One Lakh), a Citation and a Memento.
Who can apply?
- For Category I, resident Indian citizens of any gender with at least Post Graduate Degree in Natural Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine can apply;
- For Category II, S&T based institutions (governmental & non-governmental)– Recognized R&D laboratories, Universities and Educational Institutions, S&T based voluntary organizations, registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 or a trust registered under the Indian Trusts Act 1982 or Charitable or Religious Act 1920 or under the corresponding State Act, can apply. Voluntary organizations having NGO darpan portal registration number are only eligible to apply.
- For Category III, the candidate should be a resident Indian young woman (between 20-40 years of age) with at least Post Graduate Degree in Natural Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine. She should have developed a technology for a societal benefit which should be well established and verified by an Institute of repute. Documentary evidence of the patent status of her technology should be provided.
- Employees of the Ministry of Science & Technology and those who have already received this award are not eligible under any category.
- The candidates applying in Category I & II should have an experience of 10 years and outstanding contribution in research, design, development, adaptation or application of science and technology for women’s development. However, ten years’ experience is not necessary for applying under Category III.
Complete nominations(three copies) with enclosures(one set only) as per the format should be sent to The Head, Science for Equity Empowerment and Development (SEED) Division, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110 016 on or before October 30, 2019.
And a soft copy of the proposal should be sent at email id: nawd18-dst[at]gov.in. Ms. Indu Puri, Scientist E, SEED Division, DST, New Delhi Phone: 011-26590341 mail: indub.puri[at]nic.in can be contacted for any query.