Applications are now solicited for the National Academy of Education/ Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021. The Fellowship Program supports 25 early-career scholars working in critical areas of education research.
These fellowships support non-residential postdoctoral proposals that make significant scholarly contributions to the field of education. The program also develops the careers of its recipients through professional development activities involving the National Academy of Education members.
- One Year’s Teaching Leave;
- Three Professional Development Retreats Led by Senior Scholars;
- $70,000 Fellowship Stipend
- Applicants must have received their Ph.D., EdD, or equivalent research degree between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2019. Please note, if you defended your dissertation in 2019 but did not receive your diploma, or were not conferred, until 2020, then you will not be eligible to apply for the fellowship this year.
- The applicant should have a demonstrated record of research experience in education.
- The proposed project must be an education research project.
- Applications will be judged on the applicant’s past research record, career trajectory in education research, and the quality of the project described in the application.
- Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship; group applications will not be accepted.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Demographic Information
- Current Institutional Information
- Terminal Degree Information
- Project Information
- Uploads and References
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is October 1, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.