Applications are now invited for the National Academy of Education/ Spencer Dissertation Fellowship in Education Research 2021.
The Dissertation Fellowship Program seeks to encourage a new generation of scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research relevant to the improvement of education.
This highly competitive program aims to identify the most talented researchers conducting dissertation research related to education. The Dissertation Fellowship program receives many more applications than it can fund. This year 35 fellowships will be awarded.
- One Academic Year
- Two Professional Development Retreats Led by Senior Scholars
- $27,500 Fellowship Stipend
- Applicants need not be citizens of the United States; however, they must be candidates for the doctoral degree at a graduate school within the United States.
- Fellowships are not intended to finance data collection or the completion of doctoral coursework, but rather to support the final analysis of the research topic and the writing of the dissertation.
- The proposed project must be an education research project. NAEd/Spencer funds studies that examine the efficacy of curriculum and teaching methods; however, we do not fund the initial development of curriculum or instructional programs.
- Applications will be judged on the applicant’s past research record, career trajectory in education research, and the quality of the project described in the application.
- Fellows may not accept employment other than as described in the application, nor may they accept other awards without prior approval (including awards from NAEd or Spencer) that would provide duplicate benefits.
- Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship; group applications will not be accepted.
Basic selection criteria are as follows:
- Importance of the research question to education
- Quality of the research approach and feasibility of the work plan
- Applicant’s future potential as a researcher and interest in educational research
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Demographic Information
- Current Institutional Information
- Terminal Degree Information
- Project Information
- Uploads and References
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 8, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in National Academy of Education/ Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 [Fellowship Upto Rs. 52L]: Apply by Nov 18.