About the Organiser
Cubes in Space is an idoodledu inc., program in collaboration with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Wallops Flight Facility, NASA Langley Research Center, and the Colorado Space Grant Consortium.
About the Program
Cubes in SpaceTM, a program by idoodledu inc., is the only global competition, offered at no cost, for students 11-18 years of age to design and propose experiments to launch into space or a near space environment on a NASA sounding rocket and zero-pressure scientific balloon.
- Inspires students to be inquisitive and seek out knowledge.
- Demonstrates to students relevant interconnections between STEAM concepts.
- Provides real-world experiences in which students apply their knowledge.
- Builds students’ confidence in their own intelligence and problem-solving abilities.
U.S. and international students between the ages of 11-18 years can participate in the program, but they need an adult or educator to be their Sponsor and register for the program.
To register, click here.
It is free to participate and submit an Application for Spaceflight. If a student experiment is selected for flight, we do NOT charge a fee.
- Participants from the US must pay for shipping of experiments to our office in Virginia.
- For INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS, you must pay for all shipping costs to and from your location to our office in Virginia.
- Deadline: Feb 8, 2019
- SR-6 and RB-5 Applications for Spaceflight: Feb 8-Mar 11, 2019
- Mission Patch Design Contest: Feb 8- May 10, 2019
For more clarity on dates/timeline, click here.
For queries, refer the FAQ section by clicking here.
To view Brochure, click here.