Overview of the Foundation’s PG Scholarship
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation, under its postgraduate scholarship Programme, offers Indian students with consistently high academic record an interest-free loan scholarship for post-graduation.
The PG scholarship amount, extending up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs, is awarded on the basis of the Foundation’s assessment of prospective candidates.
Who Will Be Awarded This Postgraduate Scholarship
The Foundation award its postgraduate scholarship to students who are wish to pursue their studies in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture, Engineering and Management at prestigious Indian and international universities.
Applicants with Double masters and PhD aspirants can also apply for the PG scholarship.
Selection Procedure for the Foundation’s PG Scholarship
All applications will be screened for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed between the months of April-May.
It is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates to attend a personal interview in Mumbai in the month of May. The interview is the basis for final selection.
The Post-Selection Formalities
The Foundation announces the final list of scholars towards the end of June or first week of July.
- Post-selection Documentation Needed
It is mandatory for all the scholars to submit attested copies of the following documents within the timeline as decided by the Foundation:
The letter confirming admission to the college/ university for the proposed course of study.
I-20 in case of students admitted to the universities in the United States and a copy of the letter highlighting the financial support in case of students admitted to universities in other countries.
- Orientation Programme
A two-day Orientation Programme is held for all the scholars in Mumbai in the month of July. It is mandatory for every scholar to attend the Programme.
- PG Scholarship Paperwork
All the paperwork pertaining to the Scholarship will be completed on the second day of the Orientation Programme. The paperwork will include the following:
- Memorandum of Understanding- Scholars will be required to sign the Memorandum of
- Understanding with the Foundation and agree to its terms and conditions.
- Undertaking- Guarantors along with the scholars will be required to sign an Undertaking.
- Insurance- Scholars are required to take out an Insurance Policy and assign the same to the Foundation. This is arranged by the Foundation.
Disbursement and Repayment Of PG Scholarship Loan
On receiving a copy of the visa, the scholarship for post-graduation amount will be disbursed. Repayments will commence one year after the completion of the course as per the following schedule:
- 1st year after course completion: Nil
- 2nd year after course completion: 30% of the scholarship amount
- 3rd year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
- 4th year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
March 27, 2019.