About the Organiser
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. IGIDR was registered as an autonomous society on November 14, 1986 and as a public trust in January 1987.
On December 28, 1987 the campus was inaugurated by Late. Shri Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India. Subsequently, the Institute was recognized as a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act.
About the Conference
The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) is pleased to announce its 60th Annual Conference to be held in Mumbai during 19-21 December 2018. This Conference which commemorates the Diamond Jubilee year of the formation of ISLE is being organised by the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai.
Professor Kaushik Basu, C Marks Professor, Cornell University and former Chief Economist and Senior Vice President, The World Bank, is the Conference President.
Theme I: Emerging Labour Markets and Employment Challenges
Theme II: Inequality in Labour Markets and Wellbeing
Theme III: World of Work and Women
Last Date for Submission of Papers: 31 August 2018
Communication about Acceptance of Papers: 30 September 2018
Last Date for Registration: 31 October 2018
Submission of Papers
- The papers should be submitted online by creating an account at this link. Alternatively, the papers may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Papers on India as well as other countries and regions are welcome.
- Length of the paper should not exceed 8000 words and should adhere to the current style of writing of The Indian Journal of Labour Economics (IJLE). For further details, please visit this link.
- All papers should include a summary of 500 -750 words. The summaries of all accepted papers will be compiled into a publication which will be distributed among the Conference participants, along with a CD containing the selected papers. These summaries will also be put up on the ISLE website.
- Selected papers presented in the Conference will be published, after peer-review and revision, in the subsequent issues of Indian Journal of Labour Economics (IJLE). Those who would like their papers to be published in the journal may send their revised papers after Conference to the Editor, IJLE at email@example.com.
- Authors must ensure that their submissions are original. Please note that all papers will be screened for plagiarism and accordingly accepted or rejected. Further, authors are solely responsible for violation with respect to plagiarism.
Every year ISLE gives two best paper awards – Ruddar Datt Memorial Award and Sanjay
Thakur Young Labour Economist Award (carrying a prize money of Rs. 10,000 each) and one fellowship Surjit Singh Fellowship (with a grant of Rs. 40, 000 for preparing a research paper/monograph related to one of the Conference themes) to young scholars below 40 years.
REGISTRATION FOR PARTICIPATION
Indian Delegate: ₹5000 (with accommodation), ₹2500 (without accommodation)
- 50% concession on registration is available to students and scholars who are not employed or for those employed as research assistants and associates (below the level of Assistant Professor/Lecturer)
- The registration fee for the Conference includes payment towards a conference kit (comprising the summaries of all the papers presented at the Conference, a CD of the papers, copies of keynote papers and other lectures delivered at the Conference, a conference bag, stationery, etc.), modest accommodation, meals and transportation between the place of accommodation (arranged by the organizers) and the venue.
- ISLE Membership is mandatory for participation in the Conference. The Conference registration fee does not include the ISLE membership fee, which needs to be paid separately.
- All participants should acquire the membership (Annual or Life) of the Indian Society of Labour Economics to be able to attend the Conference. However, life membership is a privileged category and requires prior approval of the ISLE Secretariat for which the application should be sent to the Hon. Secretary, ISLE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual membership fee is Rs. 1000 for those from India.
All queries/submissions relating to the Conference should be addressed only to: email@example.com.