The National Centre for Biological Sciences is inviting candidates for multiple positions on a contractual basis for Mouse Genome Engineering Facility (MGEF) and Animal Care and Resource Centre (ACRC) for the DBT funded project National Mouse Resource (NaMoR) project.
National Centre for Biological Sciences in Bangalore, Karnataka, is a research centre specialising in biological research. It is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research under the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India.
Number of Posts
- Facility Assistant: 1 position
- Facility Trainee: 1 position
- Senior Animal Facility Caretakers: 2 positions
BE/B. Tech/M. Pharma/Masters in any biological sciences
Candidates with prior experience in handling laboratory mice and rats.
- Providing basic animal care
- Feeding and watering of laboratory animals
- Handle and restraining animals as per SOPs
- Maintain sanitation and animal care equipment of facility
- Clean, sanitize and sterilize cages, racks, equipment, supplies or animal care rooms
- Assist higher-level animal care personnel in more advanced duties
- Provide elementary assistance to facility users in simple technical procedures and record keeping
- Assist in receiving, storing and rotating feed, bedding and other animal care supplies and equipment
- Perform Animal Facility related duties as assigned by animal facility management.
- Assist Facility Staff and Facility Users in their routine colony management and genotyping of mouse & rat stocks.
As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification
Below 35 years as on 01-01-2021
Submit the following documents while applying
- Updated CV/resume
- Cover Letter describing your background and reason and interest for applying for your position
Note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Note: Fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with latest browser. Do not use MOBILE phones for submitting online applications.
June 15. 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: