Applications are invited for admission to the Master of Technology by Research (M.Tech by Research) programs starting in July 2020 under the following categories:
- Project Staff: This category refers to a student who is working on a sponsored project in the Institute and is admitted then to M.Tech by Research Program to work on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Sponsored: A student in this category is sponsored by a recognized R&D organization, academic institution, government organization or industry for doing M.Tech by Research in the Institute on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time: A student in this category is a professionally employed person (including the staff of IIT Patna), who pursues the M.Tech by Research Program while continuing the duties of his/her service.
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering (For Part-time and Sponsored category)
- Computer Science & EngineeringSystem (For Project–staff and Part-time category)
- Earthquake Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, StructuralEngineering (For Part-time /Sponsored category)
- Power System Engineering and Control System ( For Part-time /Sponsored category)
- B.Tech./B.E. degree or equivalent in Chemical, Biochemical Engineering and allied with valid GATE score in CH/BT/MT/PE/TF/XE or,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / MSc /MCA or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc) with valid GATE score in CS only or,
- B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Civil, Infrastructure, Construction Engineering with two years of experience or,
- B.E/B.Tech in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or AMIE or equivalent degree with two years of experience/working experience.
Selection is based on performance in GATE and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates. Marks obtained in GATE and in the personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively. The personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas.
Personal interviews will be conducted at IIT Patna. For sponsored/ Part-time applicants, the GATE score is not mandatory. Selection of sponsored/ Part-time applicants candidates is based on performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
- Project staff category: Assistantship may be provided to students in the project staff category as per the norms of the project funding agency.
- Sponsored category: No financial support
- Part-time category: No financial support
How to Apply?
- The application fee of Rs. 300/- for General/OBC/EWS (Male) candidates and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PwD/Female (all categories) candidates, must be submitted online through SBI Collect.
- After the payment, a reference/journal number will be generated, which must be mentioned in the application form and the printed e-receipt of payment must be enclosed along with the application form.
- To download the application form, click here.
- The candidates are required to send application duly signed along with self-attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to the highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment to the address: The Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District – Patna, Bihar, PIN – 801106.
- The last date to apply online is May 10, 2020.
- The hardcopy of the application form should reach by May 10, 2020.
Phone Number: 0612-302-8240
Email ID: email@example.com