The National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for admission to the M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) & Ph.D. Admissions at the institute for the upcoming academic session.
The National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal is rated as one of the top Institutions in India. Since its inception in 1960 as the Karnataka Regional Engineering College, the Institute has established itself as a premier center engaged in imparting quality technical education and providing support to research and development activities.
1. M.Tech and M.Tech (Research) Admissions 2021
- Water Resources and Ocean Engineering (Formerly Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics Department)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- School of Management
- Full-time student on GATE-scholarship
- Full-time sponsored student under QIP
- Full-time sponsored student from Industry/ other organizations/ Educational Institutions.
- Admission to an M.Tech and M.Tech (Research) Program shall be open to Indian nationals who have passed the prescribed qualifying examination in the respective department with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 6.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system, OR not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/ university examinations conducted during the entire prescribed period for the degree program).
- However, this prescribed minimum shall be a CGPA of 6.0 OR 55% marks in the aggregate for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- A Valid GATE score is essential for scholarship seats.
2. Ph.D. Admissions 2021
- Engineering/ Technology
- Humanities, Social Science and Management
There are five types of student status for the Ph.D. program:
- Full-time students on Institute Scholarship
- Full-time sponsored students under QIP
- Full-time/ External Registrants: sponsored from Industry or other organizations including Educational Institutions.
- Internal Registrants: sponsored institute or project staff of NITK
- Full-time: Non-sponsored/ Non-scholarship student
Admission to a Ph.D. Program shall be open to Indian Nationals who have a Masters Degree degree in a relevant field with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 6.0 in the 0-10 scale grading system, or not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/ university examinations conducted during the entire prescribed period for the qualifying degree). However, this prescribed minimum shall be a CGPA of 5.5 or 55% marks in the aggregate for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
Only those applicants having a Post-Graduate Degree in Basic Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Management/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Technology and who have qualified through NET/ GATE are eligible for fellowship as per Institute’s norm.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the above programs have to complete the Online Application form and pay the prescribed application fee, i.e. Rs 500 (for OC/ OBC) and Rs 150 (for SC/ ST/ PwD).
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is July 15, 2021.
The hard copy of the completed application form with payment receipts and copies of all necessary documents is to be sent to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka to reach on or before 19.07.2021 (Monday). “Application for the Ph.D. or M.Tech Admission in the Department of ……….” should be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
You might also be interested in: