Applications are invited for admission to the Master of Technology by Research (M.Tech by Research) programs starting in January 2020.
- Project Staff
- Department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- For M.Tech by Research in Chemical & Biochemical Engineering: B.Tech./B.E. degree or equivalent in Chemical, Biochemical Engineering and allied with valid GATE score in CH/BT/MT/PE/TF/XE
- For M.Tech by Research in Computer Science & Engineering: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / M Sc /MCA or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc) with valid GATE score in CS only.
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech by Research Program of the Institute shall have to possess a minimum of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) for General/OBC/EWS categories and 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale) for SC/ST categories in the final qualifying examination.
- All selected candidates have to produce the certificate about the marks secured in the final qualifying examination within three months of admission.
Selection is based on performance in GATE and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates. Marks obtained in GATE and personal interviews will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively. The personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas. Personal interviews will be conducted at IIT Patna.
- Project staff category: Assistantship may be provided to students in the project staff category as per the norms of the project funding agency.
- Sponsored category: No financial support
- Part-time category: No financial support
How to Apply?
- The candidates are required to send application duly signed along with self attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment to the following address to reach latest by 14.11.2019: “ The Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District – Patna, Bihar, PIN – 801106”.
- Payment for the application should be paid by November 8, 2019.
- To download the application form, click here.
Phone Number: 0612-302-8697
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org