The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Trivandrum, invites applications from young, bright, and qualified candidates for admission into its various Post-graduate Programs for the academic session 2020-21.
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) has been established in the year 2007 as an autonomous academic institution under the Department of Space, Government of India. IIST is committed to attracting talented students, putting in place a system that ensures high academic standards, actively encourages innovative research in areas of relevance to space science, space technology, space applications, and other related basic sciences areas.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Earth and Space Sciences
- Thermal and Propulsion
- Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- Structures and Design
- RF and Microwave Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- VLSI and Microsystems
- Control Systems
- Power Electronics
- Machine Learning and Computing
- Materials Science and Technology
- Optical Engineering
- Solid State Technology
- Earth System Science
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
Candidates applying for the above programs should possess:
- B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Avionics/ Electronics and Communication/ Telecommunication/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering/ Metallurgical Engineering/ Materials Science/ Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering OR
- M.Sc/ M.S in Chemistry (all branches)/Physics/ Material Science/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Mathematics.
- The candidate should a Valid GATE Score/ Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) in Physics/ JRF(NET)CSIR / JRF(NET)UGC /JRF(CSIR) / NET Lectureship in Physical Sciences in the respective department.
M.Tech students with valid GATE score will be receiving a scholarship through AICTE. Students selected for the Master of Science program, the scholarship will be paid by IIST or respective CSIR/ UGC fellowship.
How to Apply?
- An application fee of Rs. 600/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates who are male (Rs.300/- for SC, ST, PD and women candidates) up to three preferences (within or across all the departments) and Rs.1200/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates who are male (Rs.600/- for SC, ST, PD and women candidates) for four to maximum six preferences (within or across all the departments) is to be paid.
- The applicants who wish to apply for more than one program shall exercise their order of preference of Post Graduate Programmes, at the time of applying itself.
- The Interview will be conducted through video conferencing.
- To apply online, click here.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications: June 8, 2020
- Display of shortlisted candidates for the branches which have GATE as well as an interview: June 17, 2020
- Interview for candidates for Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Physics and Avionics: June 22-30, 2020
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in M.A. (English Language & Literature) Admissions 2020 at NIT Trichy: Apply by June 15.