Applications are invited from meritorious and eligible candidates for the M.Tech in Data Science Program at IIT Hyderabad.
It is a self-paced program of 48 credits that can be taken over 3-5 years. Similar to the EMDS program, students will do 24 credits of coursework in the first two years. In the third year, they would two Capstone projects of 12 credits each. If a student is not interested in doing the 24 credits of Capstone projects, then he/she can graduate with the Executive MTech in Data Science (EMDS) degree.
Students have the option of taking a lesser number of courses in different semesters and complete the course requirement in 2-4 years. The classes will be held over the weekends or other timings suitable for working professionals.
- This program is exclusively for professionals working in the industry.
- The candidate preferably should have a BTech/BE degree in CS/EE/IT/ECE, or an MCA, an MSc/MS/ME/M.Tech. degree in CS/IT.
- At least 70% marks or 7.0 CGPA in one of the qualifying exams (BTech/BE in CS/EE/IT/ECE, or MCA, or MSc/MS/ME/M.Tech. in CS/IT)
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of work experience in a relevant industry and be employed in the industry at the time of applying. Internship experience and the experience before completing the earliest qualifying degree (as listed above) are not counted.
- Exceptional candidates with B.Tech./BE degree or an ME/M.Tech. degree in other disciplines will be considered, provided they have outstanding academic records and strong programming work experience in the industry (which should be clearly demonstrated in the application), and/or a strong background in data science/related areas (which should be clearly demonstrated in the application).
- The right to shortlist such candidates (with a different academic training background other than those listed in Point 2) will remain with IIT-H. The objective criteria regarding minimum experience and marks in the qualifying exam remain the same as mentioned above.
The selection will be based on written tests conducted in IIT Hyderabad at the end of May, followed by online interviews. The written test schedule will be published on the website after the last date of submitting applications is over. Candidates will be shortlisted for interviews based on written test performance.
The fee for applying to the program is ₹500/- (Irrespective of Caste & Gender). There is a registration fee of ₹15,000 per semester the student enrolls for one or more courses. The course fee is ₹25,000 per credit for the courses. For the Capstone Project, the fee is ₹12,500 per credit. For all the 48 credits the total fee is ₹9 Lakhs.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is April 30, 2020.
Phone Number: 9381769454