Applications are invited for admission into M. Tech. full-time postgraduate programs of the Institute for the session 2020-21 in different categories (as per Govt. of India norms) at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Mizoram.
National Institute of Technology Mizoram is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India. Located in Aizawl, NIT Mizoram was one of the ten new NITs established by the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- Computer Science & Engineering (Specialization: Computer Science & Engineering)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Specialization: Power Electronics and Drives)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Specialization: Microelectronics and VLSI System Design)
- Mechanical Engineering (Specialization: Thermal Engineering)
The eligibility criteria are same as CCMT-2020 except GATE score:
- In qualifying degree the candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on 10 point scale) or 60% for General/ OBC, whereas 6.0 CGPA (on 10 point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual Institute/ University will not be considered/ allowed.
- Scholarships will NOT be given to ANY candidate selected through this process.
Mode of Selection
- Candidates have to appear for Online Interview to be organized by the respective departments.
- The date, time and link of Online Interview will be provided by the concerned Department at a later date.
- Candidates with valid GATE score will be given preference. Extra marks will be given for valid GATE score.
- Candidates will have to secure minimum 50% marks (for Gen/ OBC) and 45% marks (for SC/ ST/ PwD) in the selection process.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The Application fee is Rs. 200/- for GEN/ OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ ST candidates. Payment of application fee should be made online in the below mentioned account and transaction ID should be clearly mentioned in the Application Form: Name of the Account: NIT Mizoram; SBI Account No.: 33755447886; IFSC: SBIN0007059.
Scanned copy of filled-in application form and the supporting documents complete in all respects should be mailed to the concerned HoDs latest by 25th September 2020 up to 5:00 PM. Applications received after this will not be considered. Email-ids of the concerned HoDs are provided below:
- Department of Computer Science & Engg.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engg.: email@example.com
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engg.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Mechanical Engg.: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.