Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the M.Tech Admission 2021-23 at NIELIT Calicut.
About the NIELIT Calicut
National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. It is a Premier Organization for Education, Training, R&D and Consultancy in Electronics & IT.
About the Admission Program
Following two M Tech programs are offered at NIELIT Calicut approved by AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala:
- Embedded Systems
- Electronics Design Technology
Above M.Tech programs are of two years duration having four semesters. These courses focus on practical design aspects of Embedded Systems and Electronic Product Design and are intended for students who wish to work in the Industry as Design Engineers. The core and elective papers are practical oriented. This program is also suitable for those aspiring to research or take teaching as a profession in these areas.
To maximize the engineering, design and problem solving skills of the students and to become more adaptable to real life situations, project work in Industry is very helpful. This not only provides an opportunity to the students to have real life problem solving experience/ project work, but would also help them to apply their class room/ laboratory knowledge to live situations. To achieve this objective, students are given the option to do the project work at reputed industries.
Objective of the Course
- To mould fresh electronics engineers and to upgrade working engineers to high caliber Embedded System Designers and Electronics Product Designers by enhancing their knowledge and skills in various hardware and software design aspects of Electronic Systems.
- These courses cover a range of topics of immediate relevance to industry and make the students suitable for working in industries engaged in Embedded System and Electronic Product development.
- These courses also provide an excellent foundation for those wishing to engage in application research in this rapidly developing area.
Outcome of the Course
- Participants get exposure to different families and architectures of Embedded System such as Microcontrollers, ARM Processors, DSPs, FPGAs, RTOS etc.
- Participants will develop the expertise required to design electronic products, embedded system hardware and software using the above tools and become industry ready.
- Participants become highly proficient in Embedded Software particularly in real-time programming.
Affiliations & Approval
- M.Tech courses are affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala.
- M.Tech courses are approved by AICTE and approval for the year 2021-22 is under process.
Distribution of Seats
M.Tech in Embedded Systems, Electronics Design Technology has 18 seats each. Reservations shall be as per the existing government rules. The seat distribution in both the M.Tech programs are as given below
- General (including Physically handicapped &SEBC): 10
- SC/ST: 03
- Sponsored: 05
- The candidate shall be an Indian National.
- The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC/PWD candidates, a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score.
- The eligible branches of engineering for each M.Tech are given under the respective program.
- Embedded Systems
- Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation
- Electrical and Electronics
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation/ Instrumentation and Control
- Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering.
- Information Technology
- Biomedical Engineering / Electronics and Biomedical Engineering / Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering.
And Valid GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ IT/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
- Electronics Design Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering./ Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering./Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
- Electronics and Biomedical Engineering.
And valid GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
- However Non GATE candidates can also apply. They will be considered against the vacancies due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score. These unfilled GATE seats will be first filled with NON GATE candidates from Kerala State based on the nativity certificate. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
- They must have a valid GATE score
- A Minimum marks of 55% in section B in AMIE/AMIETE Examination
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
- Candidates who have appeared/going to appear for the final semester examination may also apply provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester. Those who are having valid GATE score and who are waiting for the result of the supplementary examinations of the above or previous semesters can also apply. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree-satisfying clauses (a) to (d) as applicable on or before September 02, 2021 or as per University guidelines. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission. Any candidate admitted provisionally as mentioned above shall have to discontinue the course, if he/she does not produce the final complete mark list and provisional/ degree certificate on or before 02.09.2021 or as per University guidelines and the fees paid by them will not be refunded.
Fees shall be Rs 65,000/- per semester which includes the semester tuition fees of Rs 50,000/- and special laboratory tuition fees of Rs 15,000/-.
SC/ST students are eligible for full tuition fee waiver and need to pay (University Affiliation fee and Refundable caution deposit) only Rs 8,500/- at the time of admission.
The semester fee is excluding the hostel and food charges. Other university fees shall be extra for students of all categories. Semester exam fees shall be as decided by KTU from time to time and to be paid by students
|Tuition & Lab fees||65,000/-||65,000/-||65,000/-||65,000/-|
|University Affiliation fees||3,500/-|
|Refundable caution deposit||5,000/-|
Fee Payment Mode/ Application Processing Fee
Candidates can pay the application processing fee of Rs 1000.00 for general and Rs 500.00 for SC/ST candidates through online mode through this portal. No other mode of payment shall be allowed.
How to Apply?
- Application will be collected online only. On-line application link is available here.
- A self-attested passport size photograph in dark clothes (contrast color with respect to white background) taken not earlier than 3 months and Signature Specimen is to be uploaded along with the application. Images to be uploaded should be only in (*.jpg only) format of size not exceeding 50 KB each.
- Candidates can apply for both the M.Tech program using a single application and with an application fee of Rs. 1000/- . Preferences of courses should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
|Commencement of submission of online application||23-06-2021|
|Last Date for submission of online application||05-08-2021|
|Online Counselling /Admission for GATE Candidates||12-08-2021|
|Online Counselling /Admission for all non-GATE Candidates||26-08-2021|
|Reporting/ Commencement of Classes||Will be announced later|
- Coordinator – M.Tech: 0495 – 2287266 / 9446013866, 9447423306
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This is a sponsored post.