The Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad conducts an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. program in physics. Candidates for these programs will be selected through the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), followed by a written test and an interview at HRI.
In addition, students who have qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) under the CSIR – UGC JRF category in June or December 2019 would be considered for the written test and interview at HRI.
Cutoff for both categories of candidates this year is given below. Students who expect to complete their final examination by August are eligible for these programs. Please bring the relevant mark sheet/ certificate with you.
For M.Sc in Physics
For the M.Sc. program in Physics at HRI, candidates with rank up to 151 (i.e., percentile 97.59 and above) in JEST 2020 are eligible to attend the written test on May 13, 2020. Students seeking admission to the M.Sc. program should have at least 60% aggregate marks at the bachelor’s degree level.
Students admitted to the M.Sc. program in Physics at HRI would be eligible to appear for the written test and interview for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. program at HRI, on completion of the first year M.Sc., provided they have CGPA of 7 or above and have passed all the courses of the first year M.Sc. program.
For Ph.D. in Physics
For the Ph.D. program in HRI, candidates with rank up to 101 (i.e., percentile 98.62 and above) in JEST 2020 are eligible to appear for the written test and interview. Those who are seeking admission to the Ph. D. program should have at least 60% aggregate marks at the masters and at least 55% aggregate marks at the bachelor’s degree level.
Students who have qualified the NET examinations held during 2019 (i.e., either June 2019 or December 2019) and have become eligible for a CSIR – UGC JRF fellowship in Physics, with rank up to 101, are also eligible to attend the written test and interview for admission to the Ph.D. program in physics at HRI.
Written Test & Interview
- The written test and interviews will be held from May 13–15, 2020.
- If you are eligible, we would suggest that you go ahead and make the travel plans to attend the interview.
- Please ensure you arrive at HRI by 9 AM on May 13, 2020, for the written test and carry a photo ID with you.
- There is no space to accommodate candidates on campus.
- However, all efforts will be made to accommodate female candidates coming alone, or candidates who are physically challenged.
- Others should make arrangements for their own stay in Allahabad.
- We would request you to confirm your participation in the interviews (mentioning which round you will come for) by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- You must bring your mark-sheets/grade cards when you attend the test and interview.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.