Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai invites applications for admission to MSc in Economics and MPhil/PhD in Development Studies. Online Test will be held on April 21. Apply by April 5.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. It launched a Ph.D. program in the field of development studies in 1990.
The objective of the Ph.D. programme is to produce researchers with diverse disciplinary backgrounds who can address issues of economics, energy and environment policies. In 1995, the institute initiated the M. Phil programme. The M.Sc. programme commenced in 2003 to introduce students to the world of research at an earlier stage.
About the Programmes:
This is a two-year programme commencing end July 2019
- B.A./B.Sc. in Economics/B.Com./B.Stat./B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
- Reservation Policy as per the Government of India (GOI) Rules.
- Need-based scholarships are available for Masters students as per Institute’s norms.
M.Phil./Ph.D. (Development Studies)
These are interdisciplinary programmes commencing end July 2019. The duration of the M.Phil programme is two years.
- M.A./M.Sc in Economics/M.Stat./M.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)/M.B.A./M.Tech./M.E./B.Tech./B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed for reserved category applicants as per the Government of India norms.
- M.Phil./Ph.D. students will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.25,000/- in the first two years.
- Those students, who fulfill the terms and conditions for Ph.D. registration, will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.35,000/- after Ph. D. registration in the third year.
- All candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an Online written test and an interview.
- Online test will be conducted on April 21, 2019.
- The Online test for both M.Sc. and M.Phil./Ph.D. will emphasize general aptitude, analytical ability, and mathematical skills at appropriate levels.
- In addition, M.Sc. students will have to answer a section either on Economics or on Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- Closure of registration of application: April 5.
- Closure for editing application details: April 5.
- Last date for printing your application: April 20.
- Online Fee Payment: Feb 20-April 5.
- Online test: April 21.
- Interview Round: Second or Third week of June 2019.
Click here to apply.
- General: Rs. 500.
- SC/ST/Physically Disabled/OBC/Economically Weaker Section: Rs. 100.
Tel: (022) 2840 0919/20/21,28416200