About the Program:
Societies everywhere are grappling with rapid transitions to digital modes of living. Even as digital tools are heralded for making life easy, they can also throw up a range of complexities that demand competence in understanding the social lives of technology and the bearing they have on our everyday life.
Recognizing the need for professionals that can serve the demands of society’s digital needs and disruptions, IIIT-Bangalore invites applications for a two-year, full-time, interdisciplinary, Masters degree in Digital Society, open to graduates from any discipline.
The program is designed to create a group of professionals who will:
- Contribute to the design, development, and deployment of digital technologies for diverse social groups;
- Provide and manage solutions that address persistent challenges in domains such as finance, education, governance, health, and entertainment;
- Engage in policy making and advocacy for deploying digital technologies; and
- Enrich interdisciplinary research on the digital society.
- An undergraduate degree (of at least 3 years duration) in any discipline (including arts, science, commerce, design, management, law, engineering etc.) with a first division/class from a recognized University. Those expecting to graduate by 1st August 2017 may also apply.
- The candidates who have a valid score in CAT 2016 / CEED 2017 / TISS NET 2017 may be exempted from appearing for a written test at IIIT Bangalore.
Important Dates (Round 2):
- 31st May, 2017: Last date for submitting online applications (Application portal closes)
- 10th and 11th June, 2017: Personal interviews at IIIT Bangalore for all the remaining shortlisted candidates with a valid score in CAT 2016 / CEED 2017 / TISS NET 2017
- 10th and 11th June, 2017: Written test and personal interviews at IIIT Bangalore for shortlisted candidates without a valid score in CAT 2016, CEED 2017 or TISS NET 2017
- 20th June, 2017: Release of the second list of selected candidates
- 30th June 2017: Payment of confirmation fees by the candidates selected in the second list
- 1st July, 2017: Payment of balance fees for first semester and hostel/mess deposits/charges by all the selected candidates
- 14th July, 2017: Registrations for the new batch
- 17th July 2017: Classes begin
Tution Fee and Other Expenses:
- The tuition fees, as applicable for admissions in July 2017, is Rs. 1,08,000/- per semester. The total tuition fees for the entire duration of the program will be Rs. 4,32,000/ –
- In addition, students currently pay approximately Rs. 4500/- towards hostel rent and approximately Rs. 4000/- for food expenses per month. These rates are subject to revision from time to time. Other costs for books and supplies, travel, purchase of a laptop, etc. need to be factored by students depending on their individual circumstances.
Phone: +91 80 4140 7777/ 2852 7627
Fax: +91 80 4140 7704
For further details, please visit the link given here.