IIT Gandhinagar invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into the early M.Sc Program for the academic session 2020-21.
Final year undergraduate students (Class of 2020) fulfilling the below-mentioned criteria, are eligible for admission to the Early Admit M. Sc. Programme of IIT Gandhinagar in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics for the semester beginning in July 2020.
- Undergraduate students (Class of 2020) from NITs and other selected colleges, who are among the top five rank holders in the department at the end of their pre-final year.
- The Department Head / Principal / Director of the respective institute will be required to issue a rank certificate supporting each application.
- B. Tech. students (Class of 2020) from IITs with a CPI/ CGPA of not less than 6.0 at the end of their third year.
- Students admitted through the Early Admit M. Sc. program will be given a monthly scholarship of ₹ 5000
- A valid JAM/GATE score is not mandatory for Early Admit M. Sc. Programme.
- Financial support up to ₹ 60000 is available for Early Admit M.Sc. students for presenting their research work at national and international conferences.
Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and/or interview. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
The written test is usually based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), writing skills, and basic courses of various disciplines at the undergraduate level. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for the interview.
The candidates called for the written test and /or interview will be reimbursed to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the institute. Candidates are required to furnish necessary documents (railway tickets) in support of their reimbursement claims.
How to Apply?
- All applications must be submitted online.
- On successful submission of the application form, a confirmation screen will appear with a link to download the submitted application form. Please save the application form.
- You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and all the documentary evidence (copies of testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience, and research/professional experience) at the time of the interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply is April 30, 2020 (Extended due to COVID-19).
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org