The Center of Excellence in Space Sciences India (CESSI) at IISER Kolkata invites applications from students with a background in Physics and Engineering who are highly motivated to pursue a research career in areas related to space science. CESSI is a multi-institutional Center established at IISER Kolkata by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and its research focus includes solar physics, space weather, gravitational wave astrophysics, computational astrophysics and space- and ground-based instrumentation support and development.
The Master’s program offered by CESSI is a unique blend of thematic courses and a research project allowing the integration of fundamental knowledge while developing proficiency in astrophysics and space science research.
- Recent Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics with first class or equivalent grade point average and qualification in either GATE or any other national eligibility test such as JEST.
- Candidates from allied engineering sciences such as Instrumentation, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Optical and Optoelectronics Engineering, and Engineering Physics with interest in instrumentation, control, and computational modeling related to astrophysical space sciences are strongly encouraged to apply.
- International students may apply as per the relevant Government of India or Institutional guidelines that may be determined from time-to-time.
Based on the evaluation of the applications, some candidates will be short-listed and are for the interview. Recommendation letters may be sought for short-listed candidates. Final selection is based on the basis of performance in the interview, academic background of the candidate, and any other criterion determined by the selection committee. No candidate may be selected if suitable candidates of sufficient quality are not found.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Application portal closes 18th May 2020
- Publication of shortlisting for interview: 25th May 2020
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in MBA Admissions 2020 at MANIT Bhopal: Apply by April 30 (Extended).