International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore) invites applications for its research degree programs, namely, Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Science by Research. This call for admissions is for the academic year 2020-21 (Term 1) starting in August 2020.
Both programs have full-time as well as part-time registration options. The students admitted to these programs will be referred to as research scholars.
At IIIT Bangalore, there are seven research domains, out of which six domains have openings for both the research degree programs, except for Mathematics & Basic Sciences, which has openings exclusively for the Doctor of Philosophy program.
- Computer Science (CS): Graph & Geometric Algorithms, Certified Geometric Computing; Computational Topology; Homomorphic Encryption and Applications; Artificial Intelligence.
- Data Sciences (DS): Visual analytics in multidisciplinary problems (public health data, biological networks; Topological Data Analysis / Computational Topology Network Analytics;
- VLSI: Hardware Accelerators for Machine Learning Algorithms; High Precision, High Speed;
- IT & Society (ITS): Sociology of Work and Automation and Political Economy of Digital Identity; Politics of digital technology-based automation; News Apps and News work;
- Mathematics &Basic Sciences (MBS) [only Ph.D.]
- Networking, Communications & Signal Processing (NCSP): EEG time-series Analysis, MR Image analysis; Automatic speech recognition (ASR) based on deep-learning, machine-learning, semi-supervised learning, active learning.
- Applicants to the Doctor of Philosophy program should hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent), as well as have a good academic and, where applicable, technical track record.
- For applicants to Computer Science, Data Sciences, VLSI and Networking Communication & Signal Processing, a four-year Bachelor’s degree in engineering (B.E., B.Tech. or equivalent) is required for the Master of Science by Research/ Master of Science (Research) program; and a Master’s degree in engineering (M.E., M.Tech. or equivalent) is required for the Doctor of Philosophy program.
The tuition fee for both the programs is INR 53,500/- per semester. The tuition fee is payable until the student completes the submission of the thesis. The tuition fee is, however, subject to revision from time to time.
- For a full-time Master of Science by Research/ Master of Science (Research) students, a fellowship of INR 20,000/- per month is available.
- For a full-time Doctor of Philosophy students, a fellowship of INR 38,500/- per month till completion of comprehensive Exam. INR 43,500 per month for a maximum period of 3 years (36 months) after completion of a Comprehensive Exam.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Last date for online application submission: March 15, 2020
- Notification to candidates to be invited for interview and optionally, written test: May 1, 2020
- Written entrance examination (as required specifically by research domains) and interviews at IIIT Bangalore: June 8-12, 2020
- Notification to admitted candidates: June 24, 2020
Email ID: email@example.com